Sunday, January 6, 2008

10 inches of snow

Well I have arrived! I managed to make it to Hays, Kansas and spent the night there. Knowing a bad storm was headed to Colorado, I got up early the next day and started driving. I made it to Silverthorne around 11:30 and snow had just begun to fall, so I thought I did pretty well. =) I spent my first night in Colorado with the pastor of the church I will help out -- Jeff Estes and his family. When I woke up, I definitely had a surprise -- the ground and my car had been covered in about 10 inches of snow!! I felt so bad for my car. The first night it spent in the cold air and all you could see of it was like a foot along the doors, even the tires were covered. I started to take a picture of it but realized my camera (along with my snow shoes and gear) was in the car. haha. so we dug out my car and got all that out. Umm so Sunday, today, began with that, but also church. The church has recently started meeting at the pastor's house, so this morning all I had to do was walk upstairs for church! very nice. We had about 20 people -- about 10 adults and 10 children. We sang songs along to an ipod -- it was great! And then Jeff preached from Lamentations and Daniel, which I enjoyed. After lunch I had another adventure: ice skating. on a frozen lake. yep. it was fun though. I just tried to think that I was roller skating (which none of the kids had really done). I only fell down twice, but that ice is hard!! Alot harder than wood! But we skated for about 3 hours and I had a blast; and wasn't miserably cold either! After ice skating I was able to move into the house where I will be staying for the rest of the semester. I am staying with the Berry's -- Andy and Trish. They are a fabulous family! Andy drives a snow plow (way cool!) and coaches both football and basketball and does custom carpentry on the side! Kind of reminds me of my dad so thats cool. And then Trish works with the gifted and talented student of summit county so thats also fun. They start school tomorrow so pray for all that! They have three kids: Nic (7th grade), Brittany (5th), and Nathan (1st) -- who are also amazing and fun. I am sure we will all be better friends after this! =) So yeah everything is going great! I am loving being here. Its definitely hard to drive in the snow...my poor car is freaking out! but I do miss everyone and hope that all is well for you!

Love you!
Becca

No comments: