Thursday, January 17, 2008

Work Updates

BBrrr. Well i headed to work today for my first day at work. And it was -14 degrees. Yeah. I had on two ski jackets.
I had training on monday with the Administration kinda getting an overview of Copper and the goals of the Guest Services Department. Then on wednesday I had training at the actually Adventure Desk with the head worker, Rob. And then today I had my first day of work. I am going to be the new opener for the desk, so I had to be there at 7:45 am. So i had to leave here at 7. So it was around 7 that it was -14 degrees, but i only warmed up to about 5 degrees. So i pretty much stayed inside as much as i could. Didn't have alot of people wanting to go do stuff because it was so cold.
Umm but my day was really enjoyable once I actually got up and to work. We start off the day by walking around the "Burning Stones Plaza" (its a big fire pit/concert area) and tagging any left behind equipment. Then we do all the bank stuff and keys like any opening job would. Then as people come in looking for lost stuff (we are also the lost and found if i didn't tell you that) or have stuff they found we deal with that. And then we book reservations for the various trips as people come in or call. So it was pretty good, but it was kinda hard doing it all by myself. Just wanting to make sure i got it all right. Then at 3, I attended a training seminar, but it was for people within the department to just continue training. So that was kinda cool. Its interesting though, I'm the new (and youngest) kid and I am going to the monthly additional training seminars. Its me and the lead guy Rob. So im not sure what all that means.
But I want to introduce everyone to the guys i work with so you can pray for them and our relationships. My boss is Matt, from California. Then the lead guy is Rob from Michigan. Both are about Jonathans age. The lady I worked with today is Dorothy, who is more my mom's age, so she treated like her daughter all day -- which i dont mind, but I could later on. And she told me she was sorry that she kept doing it. And then the guy that I haven't worked with yet is Rick, who is also about Dorothys age (more like 60 something). So none of that is bad, but i have to worry about not coming off as the pretenious young kid. Then i met some other people that work in the next desk over. One named Eileen (from New York) and another Jodie (from Canada). the two of them and I went for coffee today so that was a plus. good start.
So anyways. I guess i need to go on to bed, I have to work again tomorrow at 9 (another meeting) until close at 7:15. Which makes for a long friday. =)

1 comment:

Callie said...

Yay! work started and a coffee date!Well, not date, but outing? Sounds like you are off to a good start.