Friday, January 18, 2008

Be a Playmaker

So at copper, employees are playmakers and we are to there to help the guest "press play" for an amazing vacation. As playmakers we are to be passionate about our work and today at an all employee training we were discussing passion and how that is a key part in our work here. On our name tags we have our name, where we are from, and then what we are passionate about. the name tag im currently wearing until i get mine says caffine as the passion. haha. kinda fitting. So when my boss asked me what i was passionate about, my first thought was "jesus", but seeing as how that wouldn't go over well, i just said "conversations over coffee". kinda thinking it would be a conversation starter and get me the chance to talk about my real passion (although i really do love conversations and coffee). But anyways during the training today we were all discussing our passions. And everyone was naming 'the mountain', 'sports', 'fun', 'skiing', 'boarding'. It was just interesting to hear all that. It is truly their passion, its what gets them up in the morning, its what they are willing to work long hours for, its their heartbeat. They spend their lunch break on the mountain, they move all over the country for it. And while that isn't that strange...its what I am doing. I have been alot of places for Jesus and i could easily spend my lunch day thinking or reading about Jesus. And its all the other things. But i was just thinking about how much they miss out on. I mean you ski/board every day, get that thrill, and then have to wake up to do it all over again. And then whats to show for it, good stories that everyone else who skis has? an in shape body? I dunno. just thoughts during my thrilling training.

No comments: