Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Bowling and Prayer

Hey guys. not alot has happened this weekend or first of the week, so sorry i havent had anything to write about, but it definitely looks as my week will be picking up now! Last night was great experience. The guest service department had an employee fun night at the local bowling alley in Dillon. So i just drove there after basketball practice (for Brittany and Andy). It was supposed to start at 6, i got there at 6:10, everyone else got there at 6:20. haha. That is one aspect of this culture i am learning -- no one is on time. So yeah. Free bowling, free pizza, and free beer -- the perfect party right? Drinking aside, it was a great opportunity for me to meet more people and get to just relax with them outside of work, since i dont live with them. So on the girls team was myself, Meg (from Australia), Eileen (who i had coffee with), Kristine, and Amy. We were able to talk and just have fun. I had been really worried about the drinking issue, but talking to Callie before I left really helped. She just shared how Yosemite worked and that there were those that didn't drink and it was okay. so while we all passed around the pitchers I just went to the bar and got a cup of water. No one asked why i wasn't drinking and no one pushed me to have some. So it was a non-issue = my goal. Anyways a total prayer answered that I didn't feel uncomfortable and they didn't feel uncomfortable. =)
And speaking of prayers, I have a big one to ask. I have a meeting with the pastor, Jeff, and Mike, the missions boss to discuss my role here. Lately I have really struggled with my position as youth minister/intern. Just not sure what Jeff wants and the few things I have gotten out of him have been conflicting and frustrating on my behalf. I sought advice from Rocky and David, which both have helped tremendously. Both gave me suggestions and questions to ask at today's meeting. But I just want to ask that you lift up my attitude and my mouth in prayer for today's lunch meeting. I want to understand and want to serve how ever that is, but i dont want to offend either or come off challenging as I present and question ideas. "Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other." Gal. 5:26. So yeah. i appreciate all the prayers and will probably write back about how that goes. =)
love yall

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey!
It sounds like everything is working out so well for you in CO. I don't know why we are always so surprised when God works things out when we are in obedience to Him. It's what He wanted us to do. He asks, we obey, He delivers!! Hope that you are able to continue to share your faith through your relationship-building. Enjoy that snow!!!
Misti

Callie said...

Yay! I'm so glad the things that you were worried about (drinking, etc) are working out or aren't an issue at all. I'm sure that the intern position will work itself out in time. We miss you!