Thursday, January 24, 2008

Lunch

Well yesterday was good. We had our meeting and it actually ended up that Allison, the only youth, joined us. We talked about the overall goals of the ministry and of the church. And then we talked specifics of how to reach those goals. The hardest thing was just trying to think of ideas, suggesting them, and then discussing how in this culture that wouldn't work. And it wasn't them being mean, its just the daunting reality of how this culture works. I am praying for God to give me ideas and then let those ideas be fruitful. =) But yeah. Then Allison and I ended up going shopping (have i mentioned Silverthorne is full of outlet shops.) and hungout for a while. So thats great. One of the things we realized was that Allison is going to have to act as intern as much as I. She is the only one that has relationships and the trust of bringing kids to activities and bible studies. Once she brings here friends, I am able to build off of that and actually focus the talks on Jesus (hopefully).
So today is another day off from work and since everyone is at work or in school, I am going to explore some more. Denver here I come! =)

No comments: