Sunday, January 27, 2008

Intern Dinner

God is absolutely amazing! He has continuely provided for me in ways I wasn't expecting or even knew I needed. Last night the interns of Summit County through NAMB met for dinner with Mike McCarthy (the missions director who also goes to my church and whose daughter is my only youth). Okay so it was Mike, me, then Naomi (who is the intern supervisor and the only person I had talked to before I left for Colorado), then the other interns: Darren -- been here over a year and is in the HR department at Breck, Jonathan -- from Texas! and is a snowboard instructor at Breck, Woody -- from Mississippi and currently the Gondola operator at Breck, Lee -- from Miss and a lift op at Breck, Ross -- from Miss and not sure what his job is at Breck, and then Jana -- Naomi's roommate who happens to work at Copper in guest services at the other village. The only one who wasn't there was Caleb who was in Las Vegas watching his cousin compete in Miss America. But the first cool part of the night was just meeting Jana. We have talked on the phone at work but never knew who she was and secondly she is in the same department as I so we will be together at events and training. the second great thing was just meeting everyone and simply being able to discuss God and life with people my age. The thrid thing was hearing the Miss. guys talking about their jobs and living situations and just realizing how blessed i am -- i love my job, have the opportunity to talk to people (they dont since they are lift ops), that I'm inside, and that I live with an amazing family (which helps financially, spiritually, and mentally). After dinner we went over to Breck and looked at the annual snow/ice carvings. Groups from around the world compete by carving designs out of huge blocks of snow/ice -- kinda like sand sculptors at the beach. pretty cool. I have pictures and will put them on here tomorrow. =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

next time you go to breck you should check out my favorite shop...it's a sock store next to rocky mountain chocolate! sounds like you got a much needed tune up. i am praying for you and hope you have a great week.