Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Catching up

Hey guys! I know i haven't updated in a while, so sorry! But I did have a busy weekend and wanted to let you know about it. We hosted a mission group from Springfield, MO. It was a youth group of about 30 kids and 10 adults. Since they were staying at Copper and skiing there, they wanted to do some form of missions at Copper. And since I work at Copper it became my responsibility to set it up and host the mission event. Saturday night the group and some of our church members passed out hot chocolate and cookies to the guests at Copper during our saturday night En Fuego event. We ran out of hot chocolate and cookies though after like 45 minutes...we were supposed to be there for 2 hours. So the group ended up walking around and talking to people and kinda just enjoying the event. As the host of the event, I really struggled with the organization and success of our effort... just what we could have done with more hot chocolate and then not really having a second plan in place once we ran out. However, I do know that God would consider it successful. Just having a large group of Christians claiming Copper for Him and just having a presence there for Him is a success. There just isn't that kind of group ever present at Copper. So that was exciting. I guess it was just a learning experience for me. We will hopefully have another group coming in a couple of weeks and plan to shovel driveways in the neighborhood of our church. Anyways, that was the weekend!

No comments: