Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Wednesday

Well so i went skiing today. haha. I have been here a month and half and hadn't made it on the mountain yet... As a worker at Copper, I get free ski lessons as long as there is a paying customer, so i signed up for lessons for today. =) And actually my boss set it up so i got free ski rentals as well. lessons started at 10 this morning and we didn't end until 4. I am tired! haha. I really struggled at first which really frustrated me that I couldn't remember what I learned the first time I skied. But one of the instructors came over and helped me get the basics back down and once we did that, I was able to catch back up with the group. The group was actually on their second day of lessons, so i was a little behind. Anyways. I ended up having a good day and can now say I have actually skied up here. Hope to get back out monday. Today was also our last game of 5th grade basketball. I have helped coach it with Andy and have had a blast getting to know these girls. I know that they aren't Christians or even open to the idea, but I hope that I instilled some basic thoughts of self-esteem and self-beauty in them. We actually had a great run 8-2, but we lost our last game so that was a little depressing. But the girls didn't seem to mind -- they got cupcakes and trophies. But it was really sweet - the girls all signed a tshirt for me as a gift. =) anyways here are a couple of pictures from our game tonight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Becca, it's aunt suzanne. excuse my typing, i'm doing it with my right hand and only picking the letters.it's hard breaking your good arm!evenif it's the left one. i've been reading up on your blogs and it sounds so exciting even the scary stuff, you know who's watching and caring over you! isn't it great to know that God cares about everything. i'm glad you've got this chance in you life to do this. not that being married and having kids isn't wonderful, but that you can take your time and enjoy life! i don't know if you heard tracy had her baby? boy name cash douglas thomas. 8lbs 5ozs. they're doing well. DOB:2-8-08 anyway i'd better go, take care and keep putting God in charge and you'll do fine better than fine! love ya, a. suzanne