Friday, March 21, 2008

Give Me Words to Speak

Calloused and bruised
dazed and confused
My Spirit is left wanting something more
Than my selfish hopes
and my selfish dreams
I’m lying with my face down to the floor
I’m crying out for more
So Give me Words to speak
Don’t let my Spirit sleep
Cause I can’t think of anything worth saying
But I know that I owe You my life
So give me Words to speak
Don’t let my Spirit sleepEvery night, every day
I find that I have nothing I can say
So I stand here in silence awaiting Your guidance
I’m wanting only Your voice to be heard
Let them be Your Words
I just don’t understand this life that I’ve been living
I just don’t understand (x2)
I just don’t understand these lies I’ve been believing
I just don’t understand (x2)

God, I just need the words. I know that I need to say more than the things I have. I need to bring the conversations from about God to how they don't know Him. And thats the hardest part....

1 comment:

Callie said...

I know sort of what you're feeling from similar experiences in Yosemite. It's so easy to get stressed out about how you aren't saying the right thing or leading them to think about stuff or talking about how they need Jesus. Don't stress, just let Him do the work! You being there is enough for Him. Just trust that whatever you say and do (just living a life full of Joy ! ) he'll use. You don't have to be a prolific speaker, trust me, I just usually said uh and ummm a lot when someone asked me about Jesus. Don't get worked up about how many people you save. Just know that you're there for a reason and trust God to do the rest. I know it sounds cliche, but You may never see the results. Seriously, you're doing fine. Just know that what you do is enough. :) Smile, live and have fun!