Monday, March 10, 2008

A visit from home

I'm officially a fan of Valentine's day. The family I live with actually bought Jonathan a plane ticket to come visit me for valentines'. How awesome is that! =) So he came this past weekend for a great (although quick) visit. He flew in on Thursday and we spent some time in Denver and headed back home. We had a great dinner as he got to meet the Berry's. =) I think they got along great, although I know it was a little hard for him to walk in and fulfill expectations. The next morning we woke up really early and went to my work. I worked from 7:30 to about 11, while Jonathan wandered around and visited Copper. After I got off we went skiing! I was wondering how good he would be since its been a long time since his last time, but once we got to the top of the mountian he became a natural. Or expert. He was so good. But yeah I did really well for myself though -- my technique is definitely improving. After one run, he went on and skied a couple of blues by himself. We went home exhausted and took a nap. For dinner we went out and then went to our Friday night small group -- so he got to meet the pastor and some of our church family. Saturday we ate an amazing breakfast Andy cooked then hung around the house with the Berry's and spent some more time with them. But unfortunately we had to leave pretty soon after. We talked through main street frisco and then went to denver. And he headed back home to Nac. I am so glad he came and got to experience a little of my life here. Now he has a face and picture of stories I tell and I was just refreshed and encouraged to have him and a piece of home back with me. Anyways. so that was my great weekend!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's so cool! I bet you were really excited about that!! You live with a great family!