Tuesday, April 15, 2008

It's my Birthday, I can _______ if I want to

Copper is officially CLOSED! and I have been let go. haha. So since we cant ski there, there is another smaller resort still open, but its definitely more of a local's place. Shanna and I took Brittany and Hannah (her 5th grader) to ski at A-Basin. And then Alison and Nic joined us. So that made for a fun group. We skiied morst of the day from like 11-3. Yep those are the hours when you should avoid the sun. Yep those are the hours you should wear sunscreen. Yep those are the hours when you cover your skin at all cost. I did. Except on my face. And I some how didn't put on my normal moisturizer that has suncreen, but I assumed I had. So I have an extremely burnt face. ugh. It really sucks. And its only my face.
But after we all got burnt. haha. They all have goggle tans. But after we got home from skiing, the Berry's threw me a surprise Little Mermaid theme party! haha it was awesome! We had a bubble machine (so you were under the sea) and a fish pinata and leis and sunglasses and umbrella straws. We usually have ladies bible study on monday nights so all the ladies came for a party instead. We broke the pinata -- haha Andy had control of the pinata. I think he enjoyed me making a fool of myself. But then we ate cake. Alison made it! It was confetti cake with white icing, but she decorated it with jawbreakers, licorice and lifesavers. Very cute cake. And then we opened presents! haha Alison got me hugs and kisses (the candy) =) Shanna got me a cute tshirt and a black and white photo frame. So me. And the Estes girls (Shanna's family) got me chocolate and then each made me a card. So we had alot of fun. The Berry's are just amazing thoughtful caring people who have truly blessed me.
In other news, I am by myself this week. They went to visit Andy's family in Idaho and I'm also house sitting for some friends for the week. haha Thanks for all the birthday wishes!

1 comment:

Callie said...

happy happy birthday! WE are finally sending you something. You should get it soon!