Sunday, April 13, 2008

Elitch Gardens



Yesterday was a blast! The Berry's took me, Shanna, and Alison to Elitch Gardens in Denver (Formerly of Six Flags fame). For background information, they love roller coasters (becca doesn't) and Nathan has always been too short to go on most rides. We got there at 10:30 and we had fun until like 5:00. =) This year Nathan was tall enough so he was brave and tried everything that was appropriate. We went on a kid ride to begin, and it was so cold! Not scary, just cold. haha. But then we went on the ship ride that swings up and down. Woo- Nathan did not like that one, but we had fun being silly and screaming. We went on a ride called the rainbow which was a platform of seats that rides up and then over and then down and around (painting a rainbow in the sky and circling around). Very fun. Brittany was my partner both times we wode that one. Then I went on a wooden roller coaster that was scary, but fun. I had decided that I would go on all of the things they wanted to even though I dont like them. But I had a blast on that. Brittany was my partner on that one too. We then went on this scary 0-60 mph loop thing that went forward, then stopped and went backwards through the loop. AHHH! but i did it. =) Alison and I were together on that one and we had our eyes shut the entire time. But then the last ride of the day was the carousel. haha we did a chinese fire drill on the horses. Yeah I'm corputing the children (Brittany and Nic and Alison haha), but the worker lady wasn't has happy as we were. Then for my birthday we went out to eat at Chilli's. haha. I loved it, but it makes me laugh that we always go there. =) They are just an awesome family. My second family.
And to add to how great they are. They got me a photo journal book and then she put pictures of me and the kids inside it. And then she got me a framed picture of the rockies so I will always have them with me. =) How fun and sweet. The frame is a broad flat white frame, so i am going to get them to write their names on it and then I'll put in another frame and really keep it forever. So anyways. They are just the best. And I am truly getting sad that my time is coming to an end. Today is our last day at work. So pray for the final day and for the relationships I formed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI,Rebecca and "HAPPY BIRTHDAY," tomorrow. Sounds like you are really having a wonderful time. I hear from you through your Mom & Dad, and they told about their trip. And sounds like a wonderful family you are with. Just to let you know I'm thinking of you. I forgot I could write you. LOVE U. Maw-Ma Mackey