Friday, May 2, 2008

Can't Sleep

Technically its after 1 am here in Colorado and I cannot sleep. Actually went to bed at like 10:30 (which is completely normal haha) and then haven't gone to sleep yet. Decided to at least come downstairs and get on the computer. Been thinking alot about leaving though. Alot of me is so excited to be going home -- to see my family, to sleep in my bed, to see Jonathan, to hang out with the girls, to wear flipflops, to eat at J-Tree, to feel completely comfortable in church. But yet alot of me wrestles with that very idea. Of leaving the Berrys, my new family, of leaving Shanna, who has been by my side the entire time and a great friend, of leaving the children of HCC whom I have truly enjoyed getting to know. Knowing that everyone here has helped to show or teach me something and that I am so grateful for that. Its hard to walk away from an experience where you do have to depend on God so much and have enjoyed greatly. I dunno. Its something Trish and I have talked about -- how you pray for God to open your heart and love people but then it hurts so much to lose them that you don't want to love anymore. I have become apart of this family so much, that it kills me to think I could be just another intern that stayed with them. I pray they see me as more, because they certainly me so much more to me. And although Mississippi isn't that far from me, I will miss Shanna. I pray for her last month here. It will be hard to be alone and missing her family, but yet God is not done using her so I am excited about seeing that. She has been the friend that I needed here. I prayed once I found out she was coming, that we would be friends. And God blessed that request. I was so thankful to have a partner and a friend, and I could not imagine working at Copper or High Country without her. Anyways pray for me as I try to digest what I have learned, what God has shown me, and what I'm going to do with it back in Nac. Pray for me as I try to pack my belongs in my car again!! (without my daddy to help!) Pray for my last days here -- that I have time with the Berrys and Shanna and a peace about leaving them. Pray for my travels as I head out on Monday morning. Thanks for all you have done in supporting me this semester.

1 comment:

Shanna*Renee said...

ah. Tear. I dont want you to leave! Im way scared about being here with out you... but I know God is still going to use me, and definitely going to use you in Nac.. to bring back the authencity. I am and will be praying for you. I love you Rebecca LYNN.. haha jk. :)