Sunday, May 4, 2008

I'm leaving on a jet plane....

I wish I was leaving on a jet plane. I would be home sooner than the 18 hour drive over 2 days. But that being said, I am leaving. I am all packed and will be driving out of this world and life at 9ish tomorrow morning. Its weird to think its over and sad to see those that I'm leaving. I have spent the day spending time with the girls and the church, giving hugs and tearing up. I have learned so much and am so grateful to all here. The kids all signed a tshirt that says colorado on the front, the church all signed a card and then gave me a journal, and Cherie (the pastors wife) gave me a book with a note written on the first page. I have compeleted my photo journal so I brought that to let them see, which they enjoyed. But we also prayed over me as a church for my safety and return home, but also thanking God for this time in my life and what He plans for me in Nac. But it was so sweet. Nathan and Turner, my first grade boys, each held my hand and Nathan kept playing with my ring on my finger...=) And then Rachel held my shirt with both hands like if she held on tight enough I wouldnt be leaving. And each kid was just hanging on me someway. It was sweet to see them care so much. I will miss those kids. Nathan was just precious though. At the end of church he just walks up to me and goes "Becca I'm going to miss you when you leave" and then puts his head down and walks off. I just looked up at Andy and cried. But anyways pray for my remaining time with the Berrys and for safe travel home tomorrow!

No comments: