Thursday, January 10, 2008

New Job

well, I got a job! haha. I know that I shouldn't be that surprised but I am. =) God was just so in control it makes me laugh to think how i was so concerned. But He has definitely provided for everything above and beyond!
The job is at Copper Mountain, which I think is an incredible place. I will work at the adventure desk, which is where guests can come to book other activities such as dog sledding, tubing, snow walking, bungeeing, snowmobiling, and whatnot. Haha I'm definitely asking if I should try all of them out so that I can offer opinions and background information to the customers. =) i hope it works! But there will be me and another person at the desk and then next to us will be another desk that has like 4 people working at it and then another person at a 3rd desk across the room. So hopefully can have some contact with several people. Its a part time job so I am supposedly working Thurs, Friday, and Sat. for like 7 hours each day. Which gives me the first part of the week to figure out ways to hang out with the employees, ski, and hangout with the youth. I am possibly looking into another job so that I can meet more people but we will see if that happens or not. haha. But Im excited about the one I got. Oh and ps. if anyone wants to come visit me, I can ski free anywhere in Colorado basically, but I get 4 day passes for my friends and family at Copper. So....yeah feel free to visit! =)
Things are starting to fall into place though. I got the job, I talked to my actual boss for the missions - Mike and we are meeting for lunch tomorrow, I have visited both walmart and target (sadly nac's is way better) and starbucks -- so I'm learning my way around town! haha So yeah. its all good. Ready to get to work and make some friends!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Cuz!!

My car is having sympathy pains for yours...it looks pretty, but I'm glad you're there not me.
Stay Warm,
Shannon

Callie said...

Yay! Jobs! See, I told you it would all work out!