Monday, February 4, 2008

Family

Well. As some of you know, my dad's dad was diagnosed with skin cancer a couple of months ago. So before I left for Colorado, I made sure to say my goodbyes and all that. We weren't close by any means. He was the grandfather you had to visit for Christmas or random weekends because they are family. Well dad called and said he had passed away on Friday night. sadly, four hours before his pastor also died. Visitation is today and the funeral is at 10 tomorrow. I comptemplated going but the drive is 13 hours and a flight was 400 to 1,000 dollars. But i truly think it was the best thing; my dad doesn't need to worry about my safety as I try to make it. And my aunt has a broken arm to deal with so its best for everyone that i dont go. So the last couple of days have been a little hard, not in that I missing him -- he is not suffering and its not like we had a relationship -- but that i feel bad for my dad. Just in losing your dad has to be rough and as hard as he tries to act like it doesn't hurt, i know its rough. But the Berry's are amazing, Trish has been great just listening to me and praying for me, and Andy offered to drive me to denver if i flew. So yeah. thats whats going on in my life right now. hopefully talk to yall later...
If you can, prayers for the family would be great. -- alot of financial concerns to go along with just mourning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I see your dad's keeping you posted. There is so much food here I'm thinking of air-mailing you and thwe Berry's dinner. Suz is drugged up (and DOPEY), but still claiming to be in much pain. THe humerus is broke striaght across and she's in a weight cast (needs surgery, too)If y'all can pray for ins. and finances, that'd be great. Everybody else is holding up well (misty eyed, but fine)Mammaw did well until she saw him at the funeral home. But coping better than Mrs. Huskee (preacher's wife), for sure. N-e-Way, We packed for 50 degrees and it's 75, so my eskimo kids are burning up. Speaking of which, its time for them to wake up. Shannon